What To Expect
- Extreme difficulty talking and chewing
- To learn how to use your new dentures will take many months
- Next Appointments:
- In one week to remove sutures (if necessary) and to recheck the dentures
- 6 month re-evaluation of the denture and bone restoration, reline of denture may be needed.
- Dentures, whether new or replacements, will need many adjustment appointments.
What To Do (denture care)
- Care for your denture as directed by brushing with toothpaste and a denture brush
- Using an over the counter soak is OK if product has the ADA seal on it
- Brushing the inside where they rest on your gums is extremely important
- Keep them out at night
- Have a reline every 4 – 5 years as recommended by the American Dental Association
What Not To Do
- Do not soak in chlorine or any other product except for ADA recommended products
- Do not leave your dentures in while you sleep
- Attempt to adjust or fix your own dentures.
YOU SHOULD SCHEDULE A YEARLY EXAM WITH THE DENTIST SO THE TISSUES OF YOUR MOUTH CAN BE INSPECTED FOR ANY SIGNS OF ORAL CANCER